'First 10 questions'

 1) Which part of Media are you looking forward to the most?

2) What knowledge and skills do you hope to learn in Media?

3) What grade are you realistically hoping to achieve in Media?

4) What device do you use most to access the media? (The media = news, TV, music, film, social media etc.) 

5) What is your average 'screen time' (or equivalent) on your phone each day. Is this about right, too little or too much? Why? 

6) What was the last TV programme or film you watched?

7) What device or subscription do you use to listen to music?

8) Do you play videogames? If so, what do you play games on and what is your favourite game?

9) Are you on social media? If so, what social media do you have and why do you like it? 

10) Finally, do you think the media is a positive or negative thing for young people? Why?

1) Part of Media looking forward to: I am looking forward to practical production the most, especially learning how to film and edit music videos or advertisements.

2) Knowledge and skills to learn: I hope to learn how to critically analyze advertisements and understand how media industries target specific audiences. I also want to improve my digital editing skills.

3) Realistic grade goal: I am realistically hoping to achieve a Grade 9 because I am highly motivated by the subject 

4) Most used device: I use my phone the most to access media like news, music, and social media because it is always with me.

5) Screen time: My average screen time is about 4 hours a day. I think this is too much because it takes away from my sleep and study time, and I often scroll mindlessly without realizing it.

6) Last TV programme or film: The last thing I watched was Young Sheldon on Netflix.

7) Music device or subscription: I use a Spotify Premium subscription on my phone and wireless headphones to listen to music.

8) Videogames: Yes, I play games on a PlayStation 5 . My favorite game is FC 26  because I love the graphics and playing online with friends.

9) Social media: Yes, I use TikTok and Instagram. I like them because they keep me connected with my friends, and the algorithm shows me funny videos and hobbies I enjoy.

10) Media impact on young people: I think the media is both positive and negative. It is positive because it keeps young people informed and allows them to express their creativity. However, it can be negative due to unrealistic beauty standards and the risk of cyberbullying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Key Concepts film poster analysis

Intro to photoshop